Beverly Hills diet is based on the notion that there are faster digesting foods and slower digesting foods, and that each category of foods has favorable conditions for proper digestion; in other words:
- Fruits are self digesting and needs 15-20 minutes to digest
- Carbohydrates takes about 3 hours to digest and its digestion begins in the mouth with saliva which requires an alkaline medium
- Proteins takes up to 10 hours to digest, and digestion is basically done in the stomach with its acidic medium
- Fats are not eaten alone and receives not much attention in the plan
Accordingly, each food category (fruits,carbohydrates,proteins) should be eaten alone and not mixed together, otherwise, faster-digesting food would be trapped behind a slower one leading to poor digestion and prompting weight gain.
Pros and cons of Beverly Hills diet:
- it encourages eating enough fruits and vegetables which is good
- It encourages eating less calories (this is why any plan works)
- It needs a luxury lifestyle regarding time and money (may be Beverly Hills residents can afford)
- Not much attention is paid to fat and exercise
- Lack of adequacy makes it difficult to sustain
Read some details...
The New Beverly Hills Diet